In this article we are going to discuss some of the top incontinence products for men. There are incontinence pads for light to moderate urine, or underwear for men that will cover light to heavy incontinence and then lastly you have adult briefs/diapers for men as well that cover light to heavy incontinence.
There are many products on the market, which make it a very daunting task to determine what would work best for someone.
These are some of the best male incontinence products based on reviews within Amazon.
Solimo Incontinence Guards for Men, Max Absorbency
**TIP’s** Amazon now accepts FSA cards for most incontinence products. Also if you are not satisfied with the SOLIMO brand product Amazon offers a full refund with no returns necessary.
Solimo is quickly becoming an economical and easy choice to pick for people.
- Breathable moisture barrier allows air, heat and humidity to escape. This means you are skin is allowed to breath and you have less of a chance of skin irritation.
- New contour shape is designed just for men. This gives you more confidence and discreet protection.
- Cotton enhanced top sheet helps wick away sweat and feels soft against you are skin.
One nice thing about the guards is they are one size fits all. The actual size of the pad is approximately 11″ long, the width at the front of the guard is 5″ and then narrows to 3″ towards the rear of the guard.
Tena Incontinence Guards for Men, Maximum Absorbency
**TIP** Choose the subscribe feature upon checkout and you can save 5% on you are order.
Tena brand is very well-known in the incontinence product field. They also make liners, disposable underwear and adult briefs. You can go directly to their site here to sign up for free samples. https://www.tena.us/on/demandware.store/Sites-Tena_US-Site/en_US/TrialRequest-Start.
- Discreet, fits inside you are underwear, or boxer briefs.
- Soft, cloth-like cover for comfort.
- Contoured cup shape designed to fit male anatomy.
- Individually wrapped which allows for on the go ease of use.
The actual size of the pad is 22.5″ long by 8″ wide. These come in packs of 52 pads.
Depend Incontinence Guards for Men, Maximum Absorbency
If you think of adult incontinence products, most likely Depends is the name most people have heard of. With over 30 years experience in retail market these are a great choice.
- Maximum absorbency combined with flexibility provides you with confidence that you will not have leakage.
- Cup like shape for close fit that provides maximum protection that is designed just for men.
- Worry-free odor control pads that are individually wrapped for discreetness.
- Adhesive strip to help keep pad in place.
- Latex-free, lotion-free, and fragrance-free.
These come in packs of 52 each.
Depend Shields for Men, Light Incontinence Protection
Closely related to the Depend guards for men, the Shields are specifically made for light absorbency or dribbles.
- Ultra-thin, absorbent pads, shaped to fit a man’s body.
- Strong adhesive backing that locks into place in underwear.
- Individually wrapped for discreetness.
- Latex-free, lotion-free, and fragrance-free.
Prevail Maximum Absorbency Male Guards
First quality has been in the market for over 25 years. They make all of their products in a manufacturing facility in Pennsylvania.
- Quick Wick layer pulls moisture away from your skin to help keep you dry and comfortable.
- Designed specifically for men these go in your underwear and are securely held in place with an adhesive strip.
- Contoured cup ensures a natural fit and great leakage protection.
- Flexible gathers around the leg provide extra leakage protection.
The product dimensions are about 20″ x 12″ at the widest x 9″ at the back end of the pad. These come in packages of 104 pads.
Medokare Incontinence Pads for Men Maximum Absorbency
I had honestly not heard of Medokare when I first was researching incontinence products for men. Medokare is part of Cyber Market Online which is located in the UK. They launched in 2015 and only sell their products on Amazon. Their tagline is Quality Products at Everyday Prices.
- Discreet pads with cup-like shape that allows for a close fit.
- Adhesive strip helps lock the pad into place in your underwear.
- Pocket sized individually wrapped that allows you to take it on the go discreetly.
- Cotton-like feel that absorbs and locks in wetness to keep you cool and dry.
The product dimensions are about 11″x7″x7″. They come in packs of 24 each.
Depend Real Fit Incontinence Briefs for Men, Max Absorbency
Depend product provides some of the highest quality products on the market. They can be a little more expensive than most brands on the market, however as the old saying goes “you get what you pay for”.
- Bold, masculine design for a smooth and sleek fit.
- Elastic waistband for a finished look and feel.
- Comfortable leg elastics that help prevent leaks.
- Breathable cotton like fabric.
- Super absorbent material that allows for maximum absorbency.
Small/medium 28-40″ waist or 34-46″ hips or 115-190 pounds (pack of 56)
Large/X Large 38-50″ waist or 44-54″ hips or 170-260 pounds (pack of 52)
LivDry Adult Incontinence Underwear
LivDry gets good reviews on Amazon and looks to be competitively priced with similar products such as Tena and Depends. These are manufactured by Tye Medical in the US.
- Barrier Leg Cuffs offers the highest protection against leakage; requires fewer changes, less waste for the environment
- Cloth-like Stretch Panels contours to your body for a comfortable fit
- Super Absorbent Gel Core quickly locks fluid away, helps eliminate odors, keeps you feeling dry
- Tear-away Sides allows for easy removal
- Colored Stitching indicates front
- Latex free
Extra Small 18-32″ or 46-81 cm waist size. (pack of 88/22)
Small 26-38″ or 66-96 cm waist size. (pack of 18/72)
Medium 34-46″ or 86-117 cm waist size (pack of 17/68)
Large 40-54″ or 102-137 cm (pack of 16/64)
X Large 48-64″ or 122-162 cm (pack of 12/48)
XX Large 60-80″ or 152-203 cm (pack of 12/48)
Egosan Ultra Incontinence Disposable Adult Diaper Max Absorb
For over 40 years, Egosan adult briefs have provided all day and night maximum protection. They are a family owned business in Italy where they make all their products.
*TIP* A closer fit around the leg helps prevent leaks.
- Lightweight and comfortable.
- Adjustable tabs provide the perfect fit each time.
- Odor secure technology.
- Wetness indicator that fades when wet.
- Soft, and breathable with aloe extract. (Each of our diapers are made from fluff pulp and a special soft rustle free outer layer and has a soothing dermo-protective system with an aloe based cream.)
*NOTE* Currently they only offer Medium and Large sizing.
Medium 27-43″ waist (pack of 15)
Large 39-59″ waist (pack of 15)
Men’s Super Absorbency Washable Reusable Bladder Control Briefs
This particular brief is different because it is reusable. They are made from 50% cotton, and 50% polyester for the body. The pad is 85% Rayon and 15% polyester for the pad. Then the liner inside the brief is 100% polyester. These must be washed before first use to active the super absorbent pad within.
The polyester inner lining wicks moisture away from the body. The inner pad absorbs the liquid while antimicrobial fibers eliminate odor causing bacteria. Lastly a bonded waterproof outer layer prevents leakage.
These can be washed up to 200-250 times before being discarded. The manufacturer states they can hold up to 10 ounces of liquid and are intended for moderate or light incontinence.
*NOTE* A healthy bladder can hold 12-16 ounces of urine during the day and about 32 ounces of urine at night.
Small – hip size of 30-32 inches
Medium – hip size of 34-36 inches
Large – hip size of 38-40 inches
Extra large – hip size of 42-44 inches
2 extra large – hip size of 44-45 inches
3 extra large – hip size of 46-48 inches
To determine what works best for each individual is sometimes a guessing game unfortunately. I hope with the information included you will be better able to determine what works best for you.
There are some components to liners, underwear, or diapers that are common with differing brands. These usually include the following:
- Odor technology
- Individually wrapped
- Comfortable leg elastics
- Contoured for male anatomy
Determing the right incontinence product can help you have less leakage, skin irritation, odor, and finally discomfort. This knowledge can bring more confidence, comfort and joy to you and your loved one’s life.